Products and Services Available-
Full service maintenance and repair
Engine performance builds and swaps
Transmission, Tranfer Case, and Axle rebuilds and swaps
Lift kits & custom suspension systems
Tire mounting and balancing
4X4 and offroad accessories
Custom roll cages
Ring & pinion and gear changes
Restoration and Body work
Custom exhaust
And much more...
A buddy of mine just had work done on his jeep at your shop. I want to get my jeeps gears changed out and wondered if you had any suggested.
ReplyDeleteI have a 44 in the rear on a 06 Wrangler Unlimited running 35 inch tires. There is a possibility that I will move uo to 37s once the comp cuts are done to allow for the extra room needed.
Should I go with 4.8 gears or do you have another suggestion?
I think 4.88's may be a good match for you but run the numbers on this calculator to be sure. It was developed by a friend of mine and allows you to see the actual numbers your vehicle is putting out, and will account for any drivetrain mods you may want. Just remember if this Jeep sees the road at all, find a good compromise between road speeds and torque.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html
You may even want to bump it up a little to 5.13 's if that is not deep enough for you. Do you plan on a doubler or 4:1 Transfer Case kit? If so, keep the road gears, as the grunt will come from the transfer case.
ReplyDelete