Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This is a Trac-lok limited slip differential removed from the rear-end of my 89. The Clutch packs in it were pretty worn out. It seemed like a waste of time to rebuild it, so I just purchased and installed one of these (below) Full-Spool units from Yukon Gear.
   Traction has improved quite a bit having the rear fully locked up. I haven't been able to get it on the trails yet to try it out, though I will soon enough.

There is a wheeling trip coming up here this spring. We are looking at the first weekend of April as it sits for the Panhandle Full-Size Jeep Jamboree at Boggs n' Boulders. All Cutter's FSJ customers are encouraged to attend and all skill level Full Size Jeepers are welcome to come and ride. Trail passes will be $10/per truck and will go on sale next week. Come by the shop for your passes and a flyer for more details. Should be fun. Last year was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment